This internet ressource provides recent information about Nanomaterials and Regulation issues. In future, this list will be updated.
- Hund-Rinke/Simon 2006: Hund-Rinke, K.; Simon, M.; Ecotoxic Effect of Photocatalytic Active Nanoparticels (TiO2) on Algae and Daphnids. In: Environ. Sci. Pollut Res 13, 225-232 (2006).
- Nel et al. 2006: Nel, A.; Xia, T.; Mädler, L.; Ning, L.; Toxic Potential of Materials at the Nanolevel. In: Science 311, 622-627 (2006).
- Commission Regulation (EC) No. 987/2008 of 8 October 2008 amending Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) as regards Annexes IV and V (Text with EEA relevance), OJ L 268, 9.10.2008, p. 14–19. Download PDF, 52 KB.
Carbon and graphite were removed from Annex IV of REACH:
Because that substances may present significant risks of reproductive toxicity "in particular due to the fact that the concerned Einecs and/or CAS numbers are used to identify forms of carbon or graphite at the nano-scale, which do not meet the criteria for inclusion in this Annex." (Whereas No. 3)
- European Commission: Follow-up to the 6th Meeting of the REACH Competent Authorities for the implementation of Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 (REACH) , Nanomaterials in REACh, 16 December 2008, CA/59/2008 rev. 1: Download PDF, 274 KB
- Stefanie Merenyi, Martin Führ, and Kathleen Ordnung: "Regulation of Nanomaterials under present and future Chemicals legislation: Analysis and regulative options". elni Review 1/2009, in preparation.